I say it a lot.
Maybe because I need to remember it myself.
That Thank you is our first and best prayer.
And, gratitude transforms our lives and the lives of those around us.
Here are ten things for which I am grateful.
- The doctors and medical staff who could repair my shoulder and keep me from being partially disabled.
- For my dog who pushes her nose under my hand and her body onto my lap.
- For this afternoon’s nap.
- For all those who added their piece that we could provide a safe place to sleep for those in our community who needed it this winter.
- For my children who are wonderful parents and partners and amazing young adults.
- For the luxury of dreaming about tomorrow.
- For the students who we will meet this week and consider for a college scholarship. Students who have overcome so much and yet have the courage to reach for a better tomorrow.
- For my wife, who in more ways than I can name sustains my life.
- For being here today.
- For this next breath….right now.
What are the ten things you would put on your list today?