Last week we had our 7 year old grandson with us for a week.
A week filled with books and games and questions and skiing and playing in the snow.
7 year olds have a tremendous amount of energy.
I am already looking forward to the next time.
Here are 10 things I learned for our week with our grandson.
- Reading a couple of chapters of a book before breakfast is not a bad way to start the day.
- Let your imagination run wild. Who says the coffee table can’t become the ocean.
- Always lick the spoon after making rice krispie treats (or icing a cake!).
- Be excited to try something new.
- Lean in close.
- When you finish one book reach for another.
- If it snows, enjoy it. It might be the “best day yet!”
- Have a second brownie.
- Sing a song just before you fall asleep.
- Miss family who are not there, but enjoy the family who is.